You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘purl bee’ tag.
I have been wanting to knit this lil number up ever since I saw it. Isn’t it beautiful? Although I have never heard of the herringbone stitch, it doesn’t seem too hard. I may have to watch a few youtube videos on the stitch but it definitely seems doable. Here’s the tutorial if you’re interested in tackling the project with me. Now, if only I could get to my yarn shop…
The baby is now a lil over 7 weeks old; I was eagerly waiting for this week as they say that babies seems to settle around the 2-3 month mark. We have our ups and downs (and by ups and downs, I mean the length of time she is asleep at night. haha!) but I am fortunate that she is no longer waking every 1.5 hours! woo hoo!
Things I love at the moment:
1. LOVE that I can be home with the baby. alone.
2. love how my twins LOVE school. from the minute I (we) pick them up from school, they tell me about their day, who they played with, who stepped on dog poop (yes, dog poop! and my son was lucky enough to get it all over both shoes!), who got a sad face for misbehaving, who cries (thank goodness neither of them do)
3. love how we live so close to school that we can walk and I don’t have to make the baby scream and cry in her car seat (so far, she’s not a fan of her seat)
4. love the cool weather. downside: both kids have already gotten sick and still recovering
5. love that Christmas is nearing!!! Although can you believe that this year is almost over?!
Thanks for listening to random thoughts from a tired mom…
I’m having a small party at my house this Saturday with family and close friends. I wasn’t sure if I even wanted decorations, but I decided to make a party garland like the one from Purl Bee. It was a great way to use the rest of my leftover fabric pieces as well as give me a reason to buy some new fabric for Spring!
If I had to do this again, I would have enlarged the template by 50% because it would have been nice to have larger pieces. Oh well…too late! I’m not about to re-do this again during Lila’s naps! I’m not 100% sure where I’ll be hanging this…I wanted to drape it outside of my home but I’ll have to resort to Plan B because it’s supposed to rain. 😦
Plan B – staircase?